Sharing the work and world of my fellow authors!

Friday, December 30, 2016

A Character Conversation from “The Price of Beauty in Strawberry Land” (Carson Reno Mysteries, Book 2) by Gerald W. Darnell

15497672_10211094352385515_104418300_n
I was sitting on a bench outside the hospital to avoid the congestion and the circus going on downstairs. Eventually, Deputy Scotty Perry joined me – he said he needed a smoke.
“Carson, sorry about being abrupt out at the lake. I had to help get the girl out of the boat and into the ambulance = it was upsetting. I hope you understand.”
“I do understand, and no apology is necessary. That’s a thankless job that nobody wants, but somebody must do – I admire you for your courage.” I was serious.
As we were talking, Deputy Jeff Cole walked over and said to us both, “They’ve called Mrs. Turner = I’m not sure I want to be around when she gets here.”
“They haven’t made identification yet, have they?”
“No, but they’ve found a birthmark and a couple of moles that a parent would know about. With nobody else reported missing, I would be surprised if that isn’t Charlotte Luckey,: Jeff was almost in tears.
ger-new-year-hat
the-price-of-beauty-in-strawberry-land-carson-reno-mystery-series-book-2

You can find “The Price of Beauty in Strawberry Land” 
(Carson Reno Mysteries, Book 2) by Gerald W. Darnell at:

Amazon

Books-A-Million


onp-banner-by-lori
If you would like more information about our services send an e-mail to Viv Drewa at the-owl-lady@att.net

No comments:

Post a Comment