Sharing the work and world of my fellow authors!

Thursday, January 19, 2017

A Character Conversation from “Holmes in America” (A Sherlock/Holmes Mystery #1) by Karen Vaughan

#Owl&PussycatPromotions    #KarenVaughan
Karen HIA.jpg
“I have a stew in the crockpot waiting for me. My son is home, hopefully doing homework as we speak. He gets an hour of Xbox before he takes a shower and goes to bed to read. Ditch your cardboard pizza and come over. I can help you with the homework and the driver’s manual. You’ll have to catch a cab home, but I can guarantee time away from the doldrums you had planned.”
“So you have a son huh?”
“Yeah, he’s 10 going on 30 but a good kid.”
“Is there a Mr. Sherlock I should be worried about?”
“Oh hell no…I ditched the dodo when Danny was still crawling on all fours.”
“Oh good, then I can’t be taken for a home wrecker.”
“Indeed, not. It’s not a date Holmes! I am merely being hospitable to my partner. Think of it as a team-building exercise.”
“Good! Okay, I was starting to feel like I was being babysat. I warn you contents may be volatile and proceed with caution and all that.”
“Well grab your stuff and let’s move.”
line-8
Holmes in America

You can find “Holmes in America” 
(A Sherlock/Holmes Mystery #1) 
by Karen Vaughan at:

Amazon – FREE on Kindle Unlimited

No comments:

Post a Comment