Sharing the work and world of my fellow authors!

Thursday, January 26, 2017

A Character Conversation from “Dinky: The Nurse Mare’s Foal” by Marta Moran Bishop

marta dinky valentine's day.jpg

“It seems we will have a little more time together, son. I don’t want you to be alarmed when the men come and take you away from me. Please understand I am only a nurse mare and an old one at that. No matter how much I pray to the horse gods, nothing will stop the men from separating us.”
“Why will they take me away, Mom? I don’t want to leave you. Who will take care of me?” I asked.
“We will be divided soon. It might be a day or a week, but it will happen. And then I will be forced to nurse another foal. It has happened too many times before. I will try to fight to keep you, and as much as I want to say it will be different this time, I know better. Even the first time, when I was a young filly so many babies ago, fighting didn’t help. The men are bigger, stronger, and have strange things that stop me. You must be brave and hold your head up, little one. Above all, don’t listen to them if you hear them call you a junk foal; remember I said it was not true. I’m older now, son, and someday will no longer be needed.
line-3

marta-dinky-book-and-audio

#MartaMoranBishop
#Owl&PussycatPromotions

You can find “Dinky: The Nurse Mare’s Foal” 
by Marta Moran Bishop at:

Amazon – FREE on Kindle Unlimited

No comments:

Post a Comment