Sharing the work and world of my fellow authors!

Friday, March 24, 2017

Two beautiful poems from “A Poet’s Journey :Sunlight and Shadows” by Marta Moran Bishop

BRIGHT SPIRIT SHOW US THE WAY
Friendship based on shadows
Promises never kept
Lines crossed too often
With words misunderstood
Can we survive this way
When we cannot be honest
Platitudes often spoken
Without substance or truth
Honor, kindness is lost
So, mired in pretense
Arise my true sister
Throw off your raiments of fear
Take my hand in yours
Let light bind us together
Our words build each other
No tears to squash our dreams
No anger to close our hearts.
Arm in arm together
Women can change the world
Grow, let go of our past
Fearless, strong and loving
Bright spirit show the way.
Marta sunshine and shadows 1.jpg
PETER
Before I saw your face or touched your fur
I heard your cries for help, longing for love
So loud your anguish I knew where to go
So deep your despair you didn’t know me
For a home of your own, all hope was gone
Tossed out by family to fend for yourself
Frightened, alone on the streets you were found
Age guessed at, circumstances unknown
Just a big friendly orange cat, sadly un-kept
They said you were two or three, maybe four
Fifteen short years we have been together
If I am lucky we’ll have a few more
Age is showing, spring gone from your step
Still there are moments when you jump and play
At night, asleep your paw clings to my hand
Your eyes filled with love when you gaze at me
We lost our Sheba and Billy’s gone too
Smudge and Poofie passed through that final door
Momma Pat is long gone and waits for you
I’ve begged, pleaded for a little more time.
Now you warn me your time is coming
I am not ready I never will be
If I’m lucky we’ll have many more years
Before you pass, beyond the life we have shared
Little Peter, you’ve taught me so much
The depth of the joy you daily give me
Will long be with me and not forgotten
Until that time comes our lives are as one.
line-8
Marta a poets journey sunlight and shadows cover

YOU CAN FIND “A POET’S JOURNEY: 
SUNLIGHT AND SHADOWS” 
BY MARTA MORAN BISHOP AT:

AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment