Sharing the work and world of my fellow authors!

Saturday, March 25, 2017

It started only a few days ago – which now seemed like forever.

Ger dead end with bloddy hand
A filthy mixture of snow, ice, Arkansas mud and blood filled my mouth – the gritty mess was making it almost impossible to breathe. Without opening my eyes, and trying not to choke, I rolled my head to the left and spit the nauseating mixture onto the bright snow.  Apparently my nose was broken, because after relieving my mouth of the irritation, it quickly filled with the warm and sweet taste of blood – my blood.  Oddly, despite the trauma of the last few minutes, my thoughts and head were remarkably clear – making me wonder if I might be in the early stages of shock – I’d never been there before.
     Silence was everywhere, only disturbed by the sound of light snow falling, and thankfully covering my dry lips. I licked at the welcome moisture and slowly opened my eyes – not knowing what I might see.
     A fuzzy gray sky, white falling snow and fading daylight stared back at me – looking down at where I lay – in a dirty, wet ditch, somewhere in Arkansas.
line-for-ger
Ger dead end book cover

YOU CAN FIND “DEAD END” 
(CARSON RENO MYSTERY
SERIES BOOK 13) 

BY GERALD W. DARNELL AT:

AMAZON – FREE ON KINDLE UNLIMITED

No comments:

Post a Comment