Sharing the work and world of my fellow authors!

Thursday, March 30, 2017

I found myself talking to those lips rather than her

ger-murder-and-more
Her eyes were hidden by dark glasses and weren’t telling me anything about what was happening in the mind behind them. However, one thing stood out about Mrs. Ava Beaumont and couldn’t be disguised by conservative clothing, dark glasses or hair style. She had small round lips, which remained tightly pressed together except for when she spoke, giving the impression of words left inside her lovely mouth that she didn’t want to accidently escape. Today her lipstick was red, not bright, just red – and without seeing her eyes, the lips became the focal point on a face with a flawless complexion and a mild tan that didn’t show signs of abuse from the sun.  I hate dark glasses, and prefer to see eyes when talking to a client. But, without the eyes, I found myself talking to those lips rather than her.
     “May I smoke?” she asked, after retrieving a pack of Winston from her purse, lighting one and laying the pack on the edge of my desk.
line-for-ger
ger-murder-and-more

YOU CAN FIND “MURDER AND MORE” 
(CARSON RENO MYSTERY SERIES BOOK 14) 
BY GERALD W. DARNELL AT:

AMAZON – FREE ON KINDLE UNLIMITED

No comments:

Post a Comment