Sharing the work and world of my fellow authors!

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

“An intriguing story” – A 5-Star review for “Murder and More” (Carson Reno Mystery Series Book 14) by Gerald W. Darnellg

Ger murder and more 7.png
A Carson Reno Mystery By Angela Kay
Murder and More is a quite intriguing story. The author does well to take the readers back in history. The scenery was very well described, the characters three-dimensional and interesting. The story pops out from the pages, and you’re really just watching a movie–that’s how engrossing it was…for me, anyway.
This is the fourteenth installment of the Carson Reno series but is a stand alone. We get the sense of who Carson is without knowing anything about this novel’s predecessors.
Carson is a very likable man, but I had trouble discerning how old he was. Sometimes he seemed to be in his mid-thirties, while other times he appeared to be much older. Either way, he gets his job done well.
Throughout the novel were various photos which help remind us that it’s set back in time. While I enjoyed the old-time landscaping and sign photos at times, some of the photos were beginning to become a bit of a nuisance, making it more of a picture book.
I did rather enjoy reading Murder and More. It was a quick, easy read, kept me guessing, and I became so engrossed in the storytelling that I managed to finish in one day. I highly recommend the story, whether you’ve followed along with Carson Reno in the past or not.
line-for-ger

ger-murder-and-more

YOU CAN FIND “MURDER AND MORE” 
(CARSON RENO MYSTERY SERIES BOOK 14) 
BY GERALD W. DARNELL AT:

AMAZON – FREE ON KINDLE UNLIMITED

BARNES & NOBLE

BOOKS-A-MILLION

BOOKDAILY

KOBO

LULU

No comments:

Post a Comment