Sharing the work and world of my fellow authors!

Thursday, August 25, 2016

“Over Her Dead Body” by Karen H. Vaughan

over her dead body.jpg

Leena looked at me with derision again. “Who’s the floozy?” she sneered. I was seeing red and Sandy’s face was turning a similar color. “Floozy?” I spluttered. I wanted to scratch her eyes out, but I refused to succumb to the base temptation to beat the broad senseless. Sensing an impending catfight Gerry rushed to my side. Sandy looked at his wife sternly. “Leena that was tasteless and crass,” he admonished her, “you will apologize to Laura. How dare you defame this funeral of my dear friend Ethel by insulting this lovely girl?” “Girl my ass,” Leena snarled, “she’s gotta be at least 35.” If Gerry hadn’t held me back I would have bitch-slapped her into next week. Okay so I was almost 35; but that wasn’t the point. Sandy was livid. “I apologize for my wife’s bad behavior. I had better take her out of here.” He handed me one of his cards and said he would be back in a few days most likely without his spouse.
line 2
A review
5.0 out of 5 stars I Just Love Karen Vaughan’s Writing!
I love this author’s writing! This is my second Karen Vaughan read, the first having been “Daytona Dead.” Ms. Vaughan has a dry, sense of humor, and it’s mixed with murder and mayhem. “Over Her Dead Body” is told in the first person and captured me from the very first page. I’m not going to say another word about the plot for fear of spoiling the enjoyment for other readers. The cast of characters is quirky and typically, Karen Vaughan’s.
Among other parts of this novel I loved, are segments such as the following, “I see myself as a survivor, and aside from the spate of exploding vehicles in our parking lot last spring, I can survive quite well in my neighborhood. My basic point is that I can’t tell mom that there was a death in our building. If I do, she’ll be all over me like a dirty shirt.”
What more can I say. Five-stars and highly recommended to anyone who loves crime and mystery.
Mark Rubinstein,
Author of Mad Dog House and Love Gone Mad

You can buy “Over Her Dead Body”
by Karen H. Vaughan at:

Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment