Sharing the work and world of my fellow authors!

Monday, March 28, 2016

THE OWL LADY PRESENTS GUEST AUTHOR: R.w. PRESTON


 How and/or why I chose to write:
  For years all I read were non-fiction books about war heroes, famous battles, and why the battles took place. It began when I was about ten. When we went to the mall--I found my way to the bookstores, and would remain there for hours. Bantam War Books were my favorite reads. 2) how I chose my genre: The first fiction I took the time to read when it first came out was John Grisham's Street Lawyer. A story about a hidden-from-life, privileged-lawyer yuppie who witnesses a homeless man commit suicide. The lawyer then gives his time to administer free legal advice to the homeless to help them. Great Five-star book. From there, I began writing here and there. Finally, several years ago I took it serous--and still do. 3) brief bio: I was born and raised in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, am 49 years-old, and a local lover of old-era steel mill and coal mine lore--as well as a historian on the Johnstown Floods. I love skiing, ice skating, and making sure family members stay honest and on track with respect, sincerity, and sacrifice.

Social Media:

I only subscribe to Facebook right now.

Books:

Beyond the Laural Patch

Beyond the Laurel Patch


The Celtic Connection

The Celtic Connection: Day of No Hiding
(The Lujack Lane Series Book 1)


No comments:

Post a Comment