Sharing the work and world of my fellow authors!

Thursday, February 23, 2017

“So be it!” she said. “Though it may be your downfall or your salvation, ‘Mondoani’ it is and ‘Mondoani’ it stays.”

Marta the choosing 2.jpg
From today forward, you will be called Young Mother as I was called in my youth and later, Mother. If you make it into old age as I have, your name, too, will be Old Mother.”
“NO! Those were your names, but I will remain Mondoani. That is what the Thunder Boys yelled to me as they left the sacred place and even, Selu, the Goddess of the Corn, named me Mondoani during the choosing. That is who I am and whom I will remain, Old Mother. I mean no disrespect, but I cannot bear your name.”
The old woman sat speechless for a moment, taking in the words until acceptance filled her countenance.
“So be it!” she said. “Though it may be your downfall or your salvation, ‘Mondoani’ it is and ‘Mondoani’ it stays.”
line-1
marta-the-choosing-from-the-memory-keepers

YOU CAN FIND “THE CHOOSING” 
(THE MEMORY KEEPERS, BOOK 1) 
BY MARTA MORAN BISHOP AT:

AMAZON – FREE ON KINDLE UNLIMITED

No comments:

Post a Comment